Do you shave your pubic region/bikini area? How important is it to you to have a shaven yoo-hoo? What about your girl, do you expect
her to be nice and shaven for you or do you care if she is “Hairy Potter”?
To each is own on this topic. This is a personal choice that some couples can agree easily on and it is one that could just be more hassle than it’s worth. I know that shaving sometimes can just suck, you have to do it often and now instead of just your underarms and legs you have to shave “down there” too! However, if you do and you like it, it can be a very liberating feeling.
No matter your preference of waxing or shaving, there are styles you can get your woman-hood molded into, let’s explore what they are.
Anthropologist Desmond Morris has identified other waxing styles:
- The Bikini Line: This is the least extreme form. All pubic hair covered by the bikini is left in place. Only straggling hairs on either side are removed, so that none is visible when a bikini with high-cut sides is being worn.
- The Full Bikini: Only a small amount of hair is left, on the Mound of Venus (the mons pubis)
- The European: All pubic hair is removed “except for a small patch on the mound”.
- The Triangle: All pubic hair is removed except for a sharply trimmed triangle with the central, lower point aimed at the top of the genitals. It has been described as “an arrowhead pointing the way to pleasure”.
- The Moustache: Everything is removed except for a wide, rectangular patch just above the hood at the top of the genital slit. This is sometimes called “The Hitler’s Moustache”, sometimes “Chaplin’s Moustache”.
- The Heart: The main pubic tuft is shaped into a heart symbol and may be dyed pink. This is a popular style for St. Valentine’s Day, presented as an erotic surprise to a sexual partner.
- The Landing Strip: A cultivated pubic hair pattern in which the hair is trimmed to a narrow vertical strip or rectangle, and all other pubic hair is removed. The landing strip starts from anywhere between the natural pubic hairline to within two inches from the top of the vulva, and ends just above the clitoris.
- The Playboy Strip: Everything is removed except for a long, narrow rectangle of hair, 4 cm (1½ inches) wide.
If waxing isn’t your thing, there is always do-it yourself shaving techniques, which doesn’t cost as much, but can sometimes be difficult. You can do all of the waxing styles, it just takes more effort on your part.